A strong password needs to be one that others would not be able to conclude through guessing or by the use of an automated
program. This means it should contain the following elements:
- At least seven characters, and no more than 16.
Combine at least three of the four different types of characters including upper and lower case letters,
numbers and symbols.
- Not be a common word or name, or a variation of something common.
To make the password even stronger, it should not be the same as any of your four previous passwords and should not be just a
slight variation of your old password. Using a slight variation makes it to easy to guess.
Password Safety Measures
There are a few easy safety measures to help keep your password secure. They include:
- Never writing your password down.
- Never sharing your password with anyone else.
- Using a different password for each of your email accounts.